Friday, February 12

Blog Name

I have been asked to make an accounting of my changing blog names.

I liked this series of words in my current blog title. After finding them, I arranged them in the most pleasing order. Just say it out loud; it sounds great, doesn't it?

Prior to this, my blog was titled "Even in The Quietest Moments", which it had been called in the past. It's a Supertramp album title, and I just love the name.

Prior to that, it was called "MNMNTKLPRSN", which is the anglicized equivalent of the Hebrew words "mene mene tekel parsin", which is what is the "writing on the wall" in the story from where we get the idion. In the book of Daniel, Daniel uses the brilliance of Hebrew etymology to unpack a whole paragraph of meaning: "You have been weighed and measured and have been found wanting. Your kingdom will be divided between the Medes and Persians....." Something like that. From three words. Genius.

Don't recall the other names of the blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that "mene men tekel parsin" thing was ALSO once the name of you blog at one point... but not for long.

Kishah said...

I love every one of them! Although I was a bit confused when my Google Reader did not show your previous name! :)

H.Cheuka said...

:) This is great, I still think that the MNMNTKLPRSN title was the best. It's so deep..who would of thought there was so much meaning behind all those random letters!