frankly, i dislike reading christian books. they all disagree with each other, and they almost all have unbiblical ideas sprinkled through. i'm sick of reading things that are intended for spiritual growth that end up confounding you.
reading a christian book is like stocking eggs at a grocery store. you have to check every egg as you go to make sure no egg is broken. likewise, when i read a christian book i feel like it is filled with broken eggs i must discard.
generally, i don't like reading christian books.
some exceptions:
1. the lotus and the cross - ravi zacharias
2. thoughts from the mount of blessings - ellen white
3. endless falling in love - ty gibson
4. cost of discipleship - good ol' however-you-spell-his-name DB
why must there be 1001 interpretations of the bible? why does everyone make it so complex? most of it is utter bs.
Monday, March 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sweet. I will add those to my list :-)
Thanks for sharing these Bruce. I concur with your opinion in general on Christian books.
I don't think I read much because I hate sifting through the books that just aren't that great.
So thanks for this list - I've been wanting to read more, so this gives me a good start!
when I worked at the Tree Of Life Christian bookstore, they would always poke fun at me because I didn't know anything about the books (or music, for that matter). I didnt know anything about the authors, or the content of the books.
When it was slow, I'd leaf through the books, and I was always disappointed to see how generalized they all were (especially the ones in the woman's section). They were so generalized that none of them caught my attention.
Of course, I don't read much anyway.
Post a Comment