
The Listening LP
Intimate lyrics, juicy guitar solos, and a synth explosion (oh, cheesy). But really, if you haven't heard this album by The Listening check it out. Aside from some eternal hellfire references, the message of the album is great. I especially love "Hosea in C Minor". You can hear it on their myspace page.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
I started streaming this album on seeqpod in February. Tric got it for me for my birthday last month. What an amazing album. The harmonies are fresh like dew. Rich lyrics, good flows, nice beats.

The Legend of Chin
What a great revisit. An amazing debut album! The songs don't sound like they are being performed by a new band. Switchfoot needs to have Charlie Peacock produce their next album. Really.

Ode to Sunshine / I Think I've Found It!
Dang. Delta Spirit grabbed the spirit of Stax and put together two fine records. If you've forgotten what music sounds like when people sing with their souls, listen to either of these albums. Current music doesn't even feel like art after hearing this band. It tastes like processed turkey.
Actually, processed turkey still tastes good.
1 comment:
OK, I just grabbed Ode to Sushine. It's awesome. You are right on about his passion--amazing. The music totally reminds me of BRMC. Thanks for the recommendation! Lately I've been digging Bon Iver (you have to listen to the album through, he recorded it all in a Minnesota cabin).
Post a Comment