...you hear an artist whose music connects with the depths of your heart. I've been listening to Adam Pasion's album almost every day for the past three weeks, in part or in whole.
My song of the week is definitely "Run By Faith", from his latest album O, Hear The Rattling. I can't find a video of it online, so here is a snippet of the lyrics:
"You be the river, I'll be the tree by your side
My leaves will not whither, my branches never die
Deeply rooted, I shall not be moved
And in my season I will bear great fruit"
I've been at least a little bit sick four of the six days this week. Today wasn't so grand. I've listened to many songs to keep my attention away from my nausea and headache as it waxed and waned repeatedly through the day. I keep coming back to Adam's album.
I also listened to an EP that Tommy, Patrick, Tony Kevin and I recorded the evening before our tour. It was an impromptu session of singing hymns. Tony wants to release it, so maybe we'll share it sometime. It's raw, but it's honest. We weren't even paying attention to the fact that we were recording ourselves. Because of the nature of the music, it's rather intimate. I'd enjoy sharing it, but I'd also like to keep it private. We'll see.
Songs: "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", "How Deep The Father's Love For Us", "Nearer, Still, Nearer", "Thy Mercy", "'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus".
Anyhow... I keep thinking I'm about to fall asleep, but it has yet to happen.
Goodnight.
Friday, November 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that's how i've been feeling lately too but with Bon Iver and you're guy's cd too :) i'm really excited and hope that you guy's release that EP you were talking about it would be great!
p.s. hope you feel better bruce :)
i am very sorry you are feeling bad.
it would be nice to hear those songs you recorded in an impromptu fashion, but i definitely understand you wanting to keep them for yourself.
i also really like those pictures of you demonstrating the tim tams. :)
miss you friend! hope you sleep well tonight.
The Lord speaks through you and the guys. The intimacy of those songs is important and keeping them that way is understandable, but by sharing them you will be blessing so many, maybe even helping someone through hard times.
Post a Comment