Monday, November 16

home

I can pack a bag for a month in five minutes, but when I return home unpacking is slow. I'm more accustomed to living outside of a suitcase.

I'm home, and tomorrow I work at 9am. I'm babysitting Jonah, age 5, and homeschooling him. I'm so excited to see him again. I've been with him for over three years. It's been remarkable watching him grow. He has a precious heart.

I suppose I'm short on words. Thought I had more to say.

I have to readjust to being at home again. This is our first tour ever from which we've returned to a home. All our other tours we had nowhere to come home to. Now we do. And it's quite nice. Still, it's hard finding your groove again - maintaining a responsible self-employed work pace.

You also get the post-tour blues. For the past 3+ weeks I've had at least four other people around me constantly - really, ALL the time. It's great. But it's difficult to come out of.

C'est la vie. And a good one at that.

I'm home. Hope to see familiar faces over this next week!

5 comments:

willwindow said...

Let's hang out!

bruce said...

yes, let's!

Anonymous said...

you have the "post-tour blues"... and I'm still suffering from "post-post-season baseball blues" (feels so weird to not have that to watch on TV every night)... lol

but, I am happy you are back :) So happy!

Kishah said...

Hope you adjust quickly! How long until you have to be traveling again? :)

bruce said...

not sure. maybe a couple months. Should be a nice break!