Here are some books I'm excited about. Free Lunch is number six on Amazon's sales. I read an interview with the author at democracynow.org, and it was very informative. I wouldn't say that the information is presented sensationally. But it is compelling.

I read a bit from Tea at my last visit to Barnes and Noble. I'm excited about the book. Its a histroy lesson from a different angle.

I've read the first parts of Susan Bauer Wise's book on ancient history. I enjoy how she writes, and I appreciate her perspective on the importance of myth in the understanding of history.
I want to add another book to the list. It's about vikings. But I can't find any trace of it online. I read the first chapter while I was at B&N and it's very well written. It emphasizes the development of viking culture before their golden age. You could say it's more holistic, I suppose.
Anyhow, browse those books if they interest you. And do share your thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment