Thursday, July 24

The Changing of the Guards

Absolutely cheesy journalism blog approach:

[personalize] When I was young I visited England and went to Buckingham palace to see the changing of the guards. [here, insert gaudy descriptions to evoke sentiments and awaken the imagination] The palace glistened in the sun, and the gardens were dotted with seasonal flowers. [return to the metaphor that is loosing all subtlety and strength] The changing of the guards happens regularly....blah blah [make point] My blog is now going through it's own changing of the guards. [describe]

K. I'm gonna stop the tomfoolery.

But what I did want to share was that I'm changing the format of my blog. A bit of the back story:

I blogged a lot on my myspace page, and it was rather personal. I grew sick of the general openness I shared with whomever; sick of public reflection. So I decided to start a blog to write about impersonal things: books, films, music. That way, I could share a bit of myself, without sharing about myself - cuz it ain't yo' bisness nehow.

Now I'm changing this blog again, and I hope you stay with me on the journey. Though I may still write about music, books and films, primarily this blog will be about two things: my musical career and personal spirituality. The former because it's exciting and I'd like to share a more personal journal than what I want every garage voice listener to read. The latter because I want to share what I think about spiritual things, but, more importantly, what I'm learning about spiritual things.

Thanks for lending your eyes to read this.

bruce

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, thats interesting. I'm glad your mixing things up a bit :)

I'm excited to see what you blog about as the format for your blog changes.

Will Frei said...

Can't wait!

Searching for the meaning of my true self. said...

Like Whiz said. I am uber happy about this change.

Anonymous said...

i'm with ya