Lately we've been staying with our friends, Shane and Erika. (ca?) I saw a sticker at their house that says, "The only thing that is constant is change." Such is my life. As Patrick puts it, about every two weeks, the three of us have DRASTIC changes.
A month ago we went on tour with Seven Years Absence. Since then I have stayed in 5 different houses, all but one of them multiple times. Oh, plus a church basement. Last week, for instance, I stayed in 4 different places. And this week I've already stayed in 3.
Last week I did some babysitting and I sanded a deck. Right now I'm a live-in nanny. It's been going really well. The long hours are tough, but the work is still pleasant. But it's 9:11, and I'm gonna go to bed soon. I'd prefer to stay up and do something, but I don't have the energy, and I need to be up again at 6:30.
That's another perpetual change in my life - my sleeping cycle. Falling asleep anywhere from 9 pm to 2 or 3 am. Waking up anytime from 5 am to 10:30.
And then there's eating! I'm never eating meals at the same time. Sometimes I have breakfast right when I wake up, sometimes I have it four hours later - which I suppose isn't breakfast at all.
Amidst this is my attempt to keep some things constant - work progress with the band, practicing, and my spiritual life. If I can learn to be constant in all these things right now, I will have conquered all obstacles of regularity.
Wednesday, September 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
: )
Giggle :-)
I totally understand where your sleeping patterns are coming from. I go through them weekly :-)
Post a Comment