In looking for a new house on Craigslist, I have now run into THREE scams by people in "Nigeria" who want me to wire the money, and I can pick up the key tomorrow. These People are always noble - missionaries or NGO workers or something. Terrible.
Dude! I have a podcast you HAVE to listen. It's about this community of specialists working against Nigerian scammers who scam the scammers. They promise the Nigerian scammers they will go with their plan, but they must meet their brother in law (or something) in a poor country nearby.
The podcast is called "This American Life" by Public Radio International. It's really captivating. Episode #363. You have to purchase the podcast if you don't subscribe to it - I subscribe so I can give you the podcast when our computers are together.
"I'm very interested in buying your 1979 VW Rabbit, so much in fact that as I type this, I'm out of the country. I'll be paying you with a check that I will send to your email, with this check I'll pay you an additional $200., so that you may purchase a printer,ink, and special paper to print up your check."
I wish I was that creative to come up with that, but its actually an email someone sent me when I was selling my old car. I remembered it nearly word for word, so that I would never fall for a Craigslist scam.
2 comments:
Dude! I have a podcast you HAVE to listen. It's about this community of specialists working against Nigerian scammers who scam the scammers. They promise the Nigerian scammers they will go with their plan, but they must meet their brother in law (or something) in a poor country nearby.
The podcast is called "This American Life" by Public Radio International. It's really captivating. Episode #363. You have to purchase the podcast if you don't subscribe to it - I subscribe so I can give you the podcast when our computers are together.
how about...
"I'm very interested in buying your 1979 VW Rabbit, so much in fact that as I type this, I'm out of the country. I'll be paying you with a check that I will send to your email, with this check I'll pay you an additional $200., so that you may purchase a printer,ink, and special paper to print up your check."
I wish I was that creative to come up with that, but its actually an email someone sent me when I was selling my old car. I remembered it nearly word for word, so that I would never fall for a Craigslist scam.
Post a Comment