My friend Rachel is doing Song of the Week entries this year. I think I'll do the same. Sometimes a song comes along and you listen to it a ton in a short period, and then you move on. It may not be a lasting favorite, but it should still get some recognition for becoming a temporary part of our lives.
Well, here's my song choice for the week: Many Shades of Black by The Raconteurs.
I don't quite know the specifics in the song, but, to me, it captures that feeling of redemption that comes with realizing you're in a screwed up situation, and it's actually a GREAT thing to move along. The chorus is all up in that McCartney goodness. It feels great to sing along.
Sunday, January 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think the first paragraph is so true :)
are you gonna do this every week then? hmm...
i'm gonna try. :)
keep it up then, and welcome back to seattle =D
Post a Comment