Have you noticed that there are plenty movies that mix sexuality and violence? Look at The Unborn. I don't know much about it - and I don't really want to - but it seems like one of those pretty-girl-in-underwear-gets-slaughtered movies... um? There's something really vile, wicked, degenerate when you mix sexuality and violence, but it's like there's a whole sub-genre of movies like this. What terrible things happen to our brains when we watch stuff like that? It's like those directors are breeding Jack the Rippers. And sexuality aside, gore in general has just gone too far. Look at the Saw film industry. I mean, it's gotta be worse than the Colosseum, right?
How atrocious.
Thursday, January 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree with you. As of late a lot of movies previews I have seen have been gore, violence and sexuality. I am not particurly fond of them. Sexuality is an interesting theme though. One of my favorite movies is Pride and Prejudice (the bbc version). There is a subtext of sexuality in that movie but it's also not the resounding theme. I miss movies that draw out the chemistry between the two leads. I don't think that has happened since before I was even thought of. I dare say when my parents were in high school. Movies with actors like Doris Day and Cary Grant. Pillow Talk is a great one that I can think of. I had such huge expectations of the last movie I saw that I was totally let down because of course the book was so much better than the movie which I should of realized. I guess this could be considered a tagent :-)
Does that make sense?
dunno bout worse that the colleseum.that was sport. and human lives..for real..just cuz they could. i'm sure dreaming about it and watching scenes over and over for a year until you make billions off of it is a close second though. but it's all pretty wild. and even with gore aside, there stills seems to be a wave of movies which simply romanticize violence and unhealthy relationships. but that's another topic i'll leave to oprah.
Post a Comment