I've been building my record collection - because it's irresistibly cheap. Here are my latest buys:
Stan Getz Quartet feat. Astrud Gilberto - Live @ Cafe Au Go Go
Blues Project - Live @ Town Hall
Aaron Copland, Bernstein conducting - Billy the Kid, Rondo, Appalachian Suite, + more
Blood, Sweat & Tears - self-titled, BS&T 4
John B Sebastian - self-titled
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will The Circle Be Unbroken? (feat. every 1stgen country artist)
... yea, I think those are the recent ones. Totaling $14, i believe. 7 records. score!
These are the vinyls I'm keeping my eyes open for:
Blood, Sweat & Tears - BS&T 3, New Blood, No Sweat, Mirror Image
The Kinks - Muswell Hillbillies, Are The Village Green Preservation Society, Face to Face, Something Else, Lola vs Powerman and the Money-go-round pt 1, Arthur
The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe in Magic, Daydream, Hums, Everything Playing
Anything Simon & Garfunkel
Procol Harum - self-titled, Shine On Brightly, A Salty Dog
Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto
Something by Donovan
Elton John - Madman Across The Water
Yes- Close to the Edge, Tales of Topographical Oceans
I look for these when I go to record stores. If you find a store that has a fair amount of these artists (but for cheap, sorry, Bop Street), give me a shout! I wanna go.
Wednesday, April 14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will probably see you before you read this, but I heard that for today, for Record Store Day, Jive Time is having 25% off.
I wen tot the atlas vintage clothing store (which also has a small selection of records from Jive Time) and got 10 records for less than 10 bucks! They had a TON of kinks records but I don't recall the names, BUT I did see a couple of the BS&T 3 vinyl. I would of picked it up if only I new sooner!!! But you should check it out. It's in Capitol hill on 10th and pike.
Post a Comment