Friday, December 19

16 Random Things

1. I've lived in more houses than you! I think somewhere around 18?

2. I've been living with different friends (and sometimes strangers) for over a year and a half.

3. One of the things I look forward to most in life is having a daughter (though I'm in no rush, really).

4. I used to love school when I was younger, but now I highly doubt that I'd ever enjoy it again.

5. I get socially drained quite often, from traveling around and making new acquaintances all the time.

6. I read too many books at one time! Currently:
Recapture the Wonder - Ravi Zacharias
Blue Like Jazz - Donald Miller
Where Is God When It Hurts - Philip Yancey
Could It Be This Simple? - Timothy R Jennings, MD
Desiring God - John Piper

And I'll be adding this to the list in a couple days:

Hatred: The Psychological Descent into Violence - Willard Gaylin, MD

I'm borrowing all but one of them.

7. I want to learn the trumpet, trombone, cello, clarinet and flute, at least.

8. I want to write books.

9. I have Synesthesia, and I love it! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia)

10. I don't like snow very much.

11. When I was in 6th grade, I wanted to be an architect. Not any more!!!

12. I prefer baths to showers, teas to coffees, snacks to sweets.

13. I disdain television, television culture, and the television-industry marketing complex.

14. Even though I disdain TV, I think Neil Postman's "Amusing Ourselves To Death" is logically flawed. I utterly disagree with him.

15. I generally don't like cereal.

16. I like etymology... a lot. I think it's one of the best fields of study. Consequently, I adore the English language.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is the line between "living" in a house and "staying" with people?