Sunday, December 14

farewell, old friend

When my grandparents got married, my granddad bought my grandmother a piano. It was shipped from England down to whatever part of Africa they were living in. When my grandmother died, she willed the piano to my sister. I was one at the time. If only she knew that my sister doesn't play the piano, and that i'm crazy about playing the piano.

Well, it was always at my parents house, until they moved to Idaho. They left, but the piano stayed with my sister in Michigan. ugh... That means that whenever I visit "home", I won't get to play that piano.

Pretty much all I wanna do on my vacation is write a ton of negro spiritual piano songs... but there's no piano!

I learned to play piano on this piano... :(

But I think my sister is spending a year in Germany, come summer... maybe I can get it then! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get it eventually! Sounds like it has so much meaning to you...

bruce said...

it really does...

one day it will be mine. :D

Yasi Xu said...

hmmm...sometimes its good to be an only child, i think