Wednesday, December 24

Recapture the Wonder

I've been reading this book by Ravi Zacharias. I really enjoy his writing; still, I have to work to pay attention to what I'm reading.

Here are some snippets from the book:

"We are able to see the crass and believe ourselves to be unaffected. We can watch killing and raping and evil and believe ourselves to remain uninjured and unmolested." p 45.

"Pushing the boundaries of knowledge without the knowledge of who we are makes the knowledge sought greater than the seeker...." p 47.

I'll be chewing on that one.

And then, there's this, written by Christopher Morley:

"I went to the theatre
With the author of a successful play.
He insisted on explaining everything.
Told me what to watch,
The details of direction,
The errors of the property man,
The foibles of the star.
He anticipated all my surprises
And ruined the evening.
Never again!-And mark you,
The greatest Author of all
Made no such mistake!"

hmmm... What do you think?

1 comment:

Searching for the meaning of my true self. said...

""We are able to see the crass and believe ourselves to be unaffected. We can watch killing and raping and evil and believe ourselves to remain uninjured and unmolested." p 45."

Hmm. Okay, I do believe that there are people out there that allow themselves to be disaffected. However, with that said, I am not one of those people. Ever since a very young age I have always had a particular sensitivity to the atrocitities of the world. Yes, I do believe that you can be disheartened and grow to wonder if there is even good in the world. Most individuals will say that it's too easy to let these feelings grow into despair however in my world it only fuels the fire within me to be a part of the solution not the problem.

Does that make sense?