Delta Spirit @ The Tractor Tavern, Seattle
Incredible show. The album already exceeds your expectations. Who'd dream that the concert would be all the more moving and meaningful. All the musicians were passionate. The singer was so heartfelt. He was also very personable and engaging. They ended the night singing "People, Turn Around" in a line at the front of the stage. Amazing!
The opening band, Hacienda, was a late 50's Buddy Holly & the Crickets style act, except for one song that was pure 60s British Invasion. I really enjoyed them. A pleasant surprise.
The headliner, Dr Dog, was good, but I was tired and uninterested. Also, they seem to be the kind of band that has good ideas to implement in songs. The songwriting itself wasn't too engaging. Their bells and whistles and frills in form were fun, though.
Sondre Lerche @ Bumbershoot, Seattle
Second time seeing this Scandinavian swinger. His guitar work is outstanding, and his charm is like candy. I'll try to see him every time he plays in whatever town I happen to be in.
John Sebastian @ the Triple Door, Seattle
:)
Seth Martin @ Empyrean, Spokane
Seth jumped on a Karli/Noah bill last minute. Where did this guy come from? He's amazing. Captivating. Precious and few are entertainers who steal your attention so thoroughly. You must see him.
As well as Karli Fairbanks w/ Oil of Angels, Caroline and Scott Ellis accompanying her @ Caterina Winery, Oil of Angels @ the BLVD, Seven Years Absence @ Madison Cafe, John Van Deusen @ Q Cafe, the Globes @ urbanXchange.
Just a few off the top of my head. Here are the shows I missed that I wanted to see:
Punch Brothers at the Benaroya Hall (ah!)
Chris Thile at the Benaroya Hall
Wilco, wherever they played
Radiohead at the White River Amphitheater
Decemberists at the Moore, I believe
First show I'll see next year:
Al Kooper at the Triple Door, Jan 18 - come with me! This man is an unknown legend, and one of the my biggest influences.
Monday, December 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey, I just saw something that I think you would like.
I was browsing around the EMP's website/ calender when I saw that Al Kooper is going to be doing an interview in front of a live audience in Seattle on 1/17
here's the link:
http://www.empsfm.org/calendar/index.asp?m=1&d=17&y=2009&eventID=439&CategoryID=37
its $5., seems like something you would really be into.
Post a Comment