i wouldn't post this... except that karli's posted poems lately. and i might as well share one, too.
but i may take it down tomorrow....lemme know
just
wh&t you
think.
,
,
raise the rough to line the mast
deberth the craft, no longer fast
spread the sheets to catch the gale
shave my chin, and then set sail
I must look fine upon the deck
as passers-by will turn their necks
and gaze afar from distant dock
but once nearby, they wince in shock
You came to hear a song and dance
And ventured forth to flirt a chance
I do look sharp from distant shore
Surprise! in flesh, I am deplored
a tune to hear, a poem to read
and when you’re pleased, a dock to leave
so go ahead and do your deed
and teach my fragile heart to grieve
Monday, December 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this is very visual, feels like a beautiful scene from a silence movie
Post a Comment