Sunday, December 7

Daydream

Tonight I saw John Sebastian play at the Triple Door. John Sebastian was the singer / guitarist / harmonica player from The Lovin' Spoonful. You might know their songs: "Summer in the City", "Daydream", "Do You Believe in Magic", "You Didn't Have To Be So Nice", "Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?" and "Rain on the Roof". You should know their songs: "Darling, Be Home Soon", "Six O'Clock", and "Nashville Cats" - and probably a whole lot more than that. In case you don't, go cue them up on Seeqpod and treat yourself.

I treated myself tonight. The concert this evening was one of the best experiences of my life, hands down. I wish I could relive the whole show for you. Just imagine a 60+ dopey-smiled, dangley-legged man playing songs from a different era, telling stories about what it was like to make music in Greenwich Village in the 60s.

This guy played Woodstock.

[read the blog below!]

No comments: